2021 Update: We are still developing our guidelines for the 2021 season. Below are the 2020 guidelines for reference.
COVID-19 Heath and Safety Restrictions and Expectations
The Tilden Woods Recreation Association (TWRA) is concerned about everyone’s health and safety. We have worked with our pool management company to follow Montgomery County requirements for operating a community pool during Phase 2 of the county’s Re-Opening plan. While we are doing what we can, we must all recognize that using the pool is not risk-free. To minimize the risks, TWRA and our management company have established some changes in the facility and its use. These include:
- COVID-19 Check-in Procedure.
- Reservations for all swim sessions to enter the pool.
- Limited occupancy during swim sessions.
- Only one person or a parent and child in the bathroom at one time.
- Space marking at the entrance queue and at diving boards.
- Limited staff interaction (COVID-19 Check-in Procedure)
- Crowd flow control, entrance only pool house, exit only at the gate behind the diving board.
- Half-hour periods between swim sessions for limited cleaning and deck reset.
- Signage to reinforce social distancing, facemasks, and personal use cleaning
- No guests until further notice
We expect all members to do their part as well. This includes:
- Adhere to local, state, and federal public health and safety measures.
- Monitor the health of you or your household member.
- Stay at home, if sick or showing symptoms of illness.
- Wear face masks, except while in the pool or 2 years old or younger.
- Keep social distance between yourself and other members.
- Bring wipes and clean frequently touched surfaces, such as deck furniture, before and after use.
- Only individuals with lap swimming reservations should use the lap lanes and only one person per lap lane.
- Only come to the pool during your reservation period and exit the pool while allowing social distancing before or at the end of your reserved swim session.
- Keep space at entry queues and at diving boards.
What to bring:
- Facemasks that should be worn at all times, except while in pool.
- Beach chairs if you do not want to use pool furniture.
- Disinfectant wipes to clean pool furniture if you plan to use it.
What is not available:
- No volleyball, no tetherball, no basketball.
- No using playground playset.
- No grills
- No water fountain
- No splash pad