TILDEN WOODS RECREATION ASSOCIATION
SWIMMING POOL RULES & REGULATIONS
The pool manager and pool staff are responsible for the safe and orderly operation of the pool. The pool operator in charge of the pool may eject anyone (member, dependent or guest) from the pool property at any time and suspend their right to use the pool facilities for failing to observe these rules or otherwise acting improperly.
Members are responsible for ensuring that their children and guests are informed of, and obey, these rules. Problems should be brought to the attention of the Pool Manager and, if unresolved, to the Board of Directors. The Board of Directors may take disciplinary actions including suspension or revocation of membership for improper actions by a member, dependent, or guest.
In general, the pool hours are 10:30 AM until 9 PM Monday through Saturday, and 11 AM until 9 PM Sunday. When Montgomery County schools are in session, pool may open as early as 1 PM or as late as 3 PM and close at either 8 PM or 9 PM on school days. The pool will be closed to general swimming for maintenance purposes, inclement weather, special functions, and during TWRA-hosted MCSL events. The pool area, excluding the pool, will remain open for members’ use during swim meets.
ADMISSION AND GUESTS
The pool area (the area inside the fence surrounding the pools, volleyball court, etc.) may be used only by TWRA members and their guests. No person will be admitted as a member until all dues and fees are paid. Every person entering the pool area is required to register at the bathhouse entrance. MEMBERS MUST REGISTER THEIR GUESTS and must continue to accompany guests under 18. TWRA members may bring non-members who live within the TWRA community boundaries as guests up to five visits per season only.
All private parties must be registered — unscheduled parties can disrupt normal pool operations and jeopardize everyone’s safety by creating a shortage of lifeguards. Bringing 10 or more guests into the pool on any one day constitutes a Private Party. Private parties are allowed with permission of the Board of Directors. For further information and a Private Party Agreement, check the website or email email@example.com.
GUEST TICKET PRICES
|Single visit guest pass……………………………………………………..…………………..||$5.00 per visit|
|Summer Guest Pass (for out-of-town grandchild or long-term guests)…….||$100.00|
- Single visit guest passes can be purchased at the pool via cash or check or in advance on the website.
- Members must sign in guests.
- A guest is any non-member who accompanies a Tilden Woods Member to the pool regardless of age or if they will be swimming. Guests from the local community are allowed a maximum of 5 visits per season.
RULES GOVERNING CHILDREN
- The wading pool is only for children under 5 years accompanied by a responsible adult. Lifeguard duties do not extend to the wading pool area. Large inflatable toys are not permitted in the wading pool.
- Children less than 3 years are permitted in the main pool only if they are:
- being held by an adult over 18 years old; and
- in swim diapers and rubber pants.
- Children under 8 years must be accompanied at the pool facilities by a parent or other designated person 14 years or older. CHILDREN 8 THROUGH 12 (INCLUDING GUESTS) MUST ALSO BE ACCOMPANIED BY AN ADULT OR PERSON 14 YEARS OR OLDER UNLESS:
- they have passed the basic swim test given by a lifeguard in the presence of a parent; and
- they have written parental permission on file at the desk stating that they may come alone.
- The swim test will consist of swimming one length of the pool (25 yards), then floating and/or treading water for a one-minute period without stopping.
- Persons under 16 years may not use the main pool during a 15-minute Adult Swim held each hour.
- WATER WINGS ARE NOT PERMITTED.
HEALTH AND SAFETY REGULATIONS
- No person (member, guest, or employee) shall use the pool unless it is officially open and lifeguards are on duty.
- USING THE POOL AFTER HOURS WILL JEOPARDIZE FAMILY POOL MEMBERSHIP.
- Admission is to be refused to all persons having any skin diseases or inflamed eyes, colds, nasal or ear discharge, or any communicable disease or excessive sunburn, open sores, or bandages.
- Soap showers are mandatory before entering the pool.
- All persons using pool facilities must conduct themselves in a courteous and safe manner. NO running, rough play and profanity are allowed.
- Wearing of street shoes is not permitted on the pool deck.
- Food and drinks are permitted on the pool deck.
- Glass bottles of any kind, gum and smoking are NOT permitted on the pool deck.
- Unsanitary acts (such as urinating, spitting, blowing noses, etc.) are not permitted in the pool.
- All persons must stay clear of ladders, except when entering or exiting the pool.
- Chairs and lounges must be kept in designated areas (away from the edge of the pool).
- Noodles, kickboards, and nerf balls may be used at the discretion of the Pool Manager or Lifeguard.
- The signal for an emergency clearing of the pool is 3 whistle blasts or public address system announcement.
- Accidents must immediately be reported to the Pool Manager.
RULES GOVERNING DIVING
- The diving well is to be used exclusively for diving, except as directed by the Pool Manager. The diving boards may be closed when the pool is crowded in order to allow additional area for swimming.
- Only one person at a time is permitted on the diving boards.
- Persons must wait until the diving well area is clear before diving. Divers should clear the diving area immediately upon completion of the dive.
- Dive only in a forward direction, using only one bounce.
- ABSOLUTELY NO DIVING WHATSOEVER IN LESS THAN 5 FEET OF WATER.
- Lap lane(s) are for lap swimming only. Swimming through the lap lane is prohibited.
- Lap swimmers should swim on the right side of the lane and allow faster swimmers to pass at the ends of the pool.
- Rafts, except for noodles, are only allowed at designated times and with the permission of the pool operator in charge. A parent (not a designate) must accompany and actively watch children 10 and under during these periods.
- Oversized rafts are not permitted.
- Rafts are not permitted in the diving well.
OTHER RULES AND REGULATIONS
- The speed limit on driveways and in parking areas is 5 miles per hour for cars, motorbikes, and bicycles.
- Vehicles must be parked only in designated parking areas. Parking is not permitted in front of the emergency exit or on unpaved areas. Bicycles must be parked in bike racks NOT along the stroller/wheelchair path.
- Members are responsible for any damage to association property caused by members, dependents or guests either willfully, or as a result of failure to obey the pool’s rules and regulations.
- Alcoholic beverages are NOT permitted on the pool deck.
- Pets are not allowed within the pool facilities or grounds.
- At their discretion, pool staff will regulate all conduct, which may be disruptive or detrimental to the pool membership.
- Smoking is NOT permitted within the pool facilities or grounds.
- Any function (social or otherwise) that occurs during daytime hours (defined by the County’s Noise Ordinance to be from 9 AM – 9 PM on weekends, and 7 AM – 9 PM on weekdays) at Tilden Woods Pool must conform to the Montgomery County Noise ordinance, which specifies that noise be no greater than 65 dBA at the noise receiving area (which for our purposes is the property line of TWRA).
Any function that occurs during nighttime hours (defined by the County’s Noise Ordinance to be from 9 PM – 9 AM on weekends, and 9 PM – 7 AM on weekdays) must have noise be no greater than 55 dBA at the noise receiving area. Note: the county ordinance exempts sound that is not electronically amplified created between 7 AM and 11 PM for sports, amusement, or entertainment events or other public gatherings operating according to the requirements of the appropriate permit or licensing authority. Any individual in charge of a social function must be informed of this policy and agree to abide by it.
The lifeguards are authorized to enforce this noise policy. The pool will maintain on site a noise meter that can be used by the lifeguards or other individuals to ensure that this policy is enforced. The pool will also maintain a log in which all sound measurements (including date, time, location measurement taken, circumstances, and measurer/recorder) will be recorded.
MEMBERS AND GUESTS USE THE TWRA FACILITIES AT THEIR OWN RISK. TWRA IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR PERSONAL INJURY OR LOSS, THEFT, OR DAMAGE TO PERSONAL PROPERTY.